Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., believes that economic growth and the well-being of society are inextricably tied to the health of the environment. Accordingly, we embrace our responsibility for environmental stewardship and are committed to integrating leading environmental practices and sustainability principles into our core business strategy.
We acknowledge that, in many ways, we, like the global community we serve, are only in the early stages of developing and implementing the many changes that will be necessary to achieve these vital goals. Nonetheless, we strongly believe that our efforts to support a healthy environment serve the interests of both current and future generations and constitute the foundation for enduring success.
Le Méridien Barcelona has implemented several environmental Initiatives in the daily operation of the hotel:
- Green Council | Created in 2008, its aim is: raising awareness of the environmental initiatives and coordinating and measuring its implementation.
- MAKE A GREEN CHOICE ® | The conservation of water, energy and other resources can be as rewarding to the environment as it is to our guests. With an innovative solution to being ecologically responsible, for each night you decline housekeeping (except day of departure), you will receive a $5 voucher at participating restaurants and lounges, or 500 Starwood Preferred Guest starpoints® awarded at checkout or you can donate 500 SPG® points on your behalf to UNICEF's environmental work for children.
- Measurement of the consumption of CO2, water, gas, electricity and paper.
- Green Point | Located in the area of employees to recycle paper / cardboard, plastic / base plates, batteries, toner, etc.
- Replacement of bins by cardboard boxes in the offices, to facilitate the recycling of paper.
- Separation of Organic and inorganic waste coming from rooms and restaurant.
- Earth Hour | Each year, the hotel invites to participate in the "Earth Hour" (Earth Hour) to all guests staying at the hotel and all employees, by reducing electricity consumption in rooms, public areas and restaurant, during one hour.
- Environment Week | Participation with sustainable menus in the restaurant and employee's dining-room. Conference for employees about recycling, climate change, etc.
- Electrical Chargers | In Parking, for electric vehicles. 16 amps chargers, 100% compliance with legal regulations. Free service for Le Méridien Barcelona guests.
- Green Room | A room used to perform all tests and measurements before implementing them in the rest of the hotel.
- LED Bulbs | Regular bulbs have been changed by 4w LED's in the corridors from the 1st to the 5th floor, elevator halls and main staircase. A total of 660 bulbs have been changed, which means an annual saving of 112.320kwh.
- Recycling containers in all offices from the 1st to the 5th floor.
- Sustainable Meetings | Actions to create a green experience within your events.